Sweet salty and buttery homemade lox is sooo easy to make. There is no cooking and is a NYC classic in your home!
Recipe Hack / Cooking Tips:
- Buy wild salmon. The fresher the salmon and the more organic it is the better this recipe will taste.
- Have the fish monger remove the bones! Salmon has little pin bones. Its easy to do but suer time consuming. The people at the fish counter can do this fast so you have more time to chill.
Things you will need:
Watch how to make this easy recipe:
How To Make Homemade Lox (Gravlax)
- 1 1/2 pound salmon (wild caught)
- 1/4 cup salt
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 orange (just the zest)
- 1 lemon (just the zest)
- 1 handful fresh dill (divided in half)
- 1/2 teaspoon black pepper
- First, mix salt, pepper, sugar, orange zest, and lemon zest together.
- Now, rub the salt/sugar mixture on both sides of the salmon.
- Next, lay half the dill on the bottom of the dish. Then place salmon on the dill.
- Now, cover top of salmon with other half the dill.
- Next, wrap the dish with saran wrap and leave in refridge for 3 days.
- Finally, take the salmon out of the fridge. Rinse the salmon throughly with water, pat dry, and slice thin. Happy Bagel and lox eating!
Other Easy Brunch Recipes:
- Green Eggs and Ham
- Breakfast Grilled Cheese
- Everything Bagel and Lox Stromboli
- To Make Chocolate Butter
- Chocolate Espresso Overnight Oats
If need any modifications to this recipe just comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!
My Favorite Ways To Add More Gratitude In My Life:
Totally Recommend This Food Processor:
Check Out This book! It changed my life and keeps me centered:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay