I absolutely love to make this recipe for me and Tom. It is light, refreshing, and filled with sweet lobster and lemony yumminess.
The couscous takes only takes 5 minutes to cook and is also a great money saver because it is very versatile. You can make it with meat or seafood, or you can serve it vegetarian.
I like to make this when I hang out with my friends in the Hamptons, which is known for lobster rolls. It adds that fancy element without the cost of a lobster roll. Even Tom likes this dish, and he doesn’t like lobster!
Tips for Perfect Couscous:
- Replace water with chicken or vegetable stock. This guarantees more flavor added to those tiny couscous grains.
- I chop up garlic and put it in the pot while the couscous boils. Because the couscous is so small, it really absorbs the flavor.
- I add a small pinch, about 1/8 tsp, of red pepper flakes to the couscous to add slight heat that gives the couscous a little more depth.Try these tips and let me know what you think!
I absolutely love to make this recipe for me and Tom. It is light, refreshing, and filled with sweet lobster and lemony yumminess. Try this recipes its 10 minutes to amazing eats.
- 1 package couscous
- 1 1/4 cup chicken stock
- 4 cloves garlic (cut into slivers)
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1/4 cup sliced green olives
- 1/2 cup red onion (chopped)
- 4 scallions (chopped)
- 1/4 cup pistachios
- 1/4 cup lobster (chopped)
- 1/4 cup feta (cut in chunks)
- 4 tbs olive oil (divided)
- 1 pinch salt/pepper
- 1 handful mint (roughly chopped)
- 1/8 tsp red pepper flakes
First, turn the heat to low and place 2 tablespoons of olive oil, red pepper flakes, and the garlic in the pot. Cook 40 seconds.
Next, add the couscous and stir to combine with garlic and oil.
Now pour the chicken stock in the pot and turn to high. When you see a boil, cover the pot and shut off the heat. Keep pot covered for 5 minutes.
Now open the pot and fluff the couscous with a fork.
Add to the couscous the lemon (juice/zest), olives, scallions, pistachios, lobster, feta, mint, and salt and pepper.
Mix until combined and enjoy.
Your Dash Of Gratitude:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – JaySubscribe for tasty, free recipes!