I love one sheet pan recipes! There are less things to clean and it’s a drop and cook kind of recipe. This is a go to weeknight family meal that is so juicy with fun tang. The salmon is slathered with yummy Dijon mustard that when cooked flavors the salmon with a wine like rich flavor and keeps it buttery delish. Surrounding the salmon like proud soldiers are veggies that crisp up and join the one sheet pan fun.
Salmon has a special place in my childhood memories (most memories are food related lol). Growing up my mom cooked one thing – mostly chicken. Monday through Saturday chicken and Chinese takeout on Sundays. But once in a while she would make salmon and it was always a special treat for us. Every time I make this recipe it reminds me of how excited we were for the rare salmon meal as a kid and it makes me smile.
Grab your ingredients and follow along with the video!
One Sheet Pan Dijon Salmon with Asparagus Recipe
- 4 salmon filets
- 2 bunches asparagus, cut into large pieces
- 1 lemon, 1/2 for juice and 1/2 cut into thin slices
- Handful fresh dill, chopped
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes
- Salt and pepper
- 4 tablespoons dijon mustard
- Extra virgin olive oil for drizzling
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- On a sheet pan add asparagus, tomatoes and lemon slices. Drizzle olive oil, season with big pinches of salt and pepper and mix it up.
- Add salmon filets skin side down on top of veggies. Squeeze lemon juice over filets, season with salt and pepper, spread a layer of dijon mustard on each filet.
- Bake for 15-17 minutes
TIP: How can you tell when salmon is done? Easy! Don’t overcook it (err on the side of undercooking it) so when you test it with a fork it will easily break into flakes.
Let me know in comments below what veggies you would use or what recipes you want me to make next? 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – JaySubscribe for tasty, free recipes!