The best holiday sides always include a buttery mountain of mashed potatoes in my house. This version has some hacks for less clean up and less steps.
Tips to Amazing Mashed Potatoes:
I think the rule should be that mashed potatoes join any holiday party. The creamy potatoes are the perfect side dish to be celebrated. They are so easy to make but you should follow some tips. Make life easy for yourself and use a Yukon gold or red potato so you do not need to peel. Add your favorite seasonings so you know it will taste amazing. Finally, make them a couple days in advance and then add to slow cooker with extra liquid on low heat so the potatoes warm up without taking precious space the day of in the oven.
This is the perfect quick dinner that says to your family you love them and celebrate them! Cooking can be your happy place at the end of a long day just for you! While cooking dance in the kitchen, say what you are grateful for, and count your blessings! Happy Cooking!
How to Make The Best Mashed Potatoes
- 3 pounds Yukon Gold Potatoes (chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic
- 8 cups chicken broth
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 1 stick butter
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 3 tablespoons chives
- First, place the potatoes and garlic in a pot with chicken broth.
- Next, turn stove to high and start the timer for 15 minutes when the broth comes to a boil. Then drain and put the potatoes back in the hot pot to steam out some of the liquid for 5 minutes.
- Now, add the salt, pepper, butter, sour cream, and chives to the pot with potatoes and mash.
- Finally, enjoy or freeze for 6 months in ziplock bag to eat later.
Easy Recipes For The Holidays:
- Entire Holiday Dinner on a Sheetpan
- 5 Alternatives to Turkey This Thanksgiving
- Entire Thanksgiving on a Sheet Pan
Any question comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!