This Jewish holiday you can make dinner in a slow cooker with juicy pot roast surrounded by sweet tzimmes !
The holidays were allways so much fun growing up! Mama Goldstein made the best Jewish comfort food. We would wake up to the smell and sizzle applause of the potato lakes frying. The brisket would be tucked into a warm blanket of veggies in the oven, applesauce ready to meet it BFF latkes, and pigs in a blanket would be lined up in rows on sheet pans. Every time I cook for the holidays now I try to bring the flavors of my childhood home in NJ to my apartment in NYC!
I wanted to create a recipe that could change up the brisket dinner with a beefy buttery pot roast and sweet Tzimmes . Tzimmes is like a Jewish version of sweet potato casserole. There is carrots, sweet potato, and lots of dried fruit in trims. Then you mix in sweet brown sugar and lots of honey. It tastes like sweet hearty potato goodness.
Tips For the Amazing Beef:
- Always season your meat overnight. This was the seasoning will get all the way through and not just at the surface.
- Let the meat rest when it is done. If you cut the beef right out of the oven or slow cooker all the juices will run out. If you let it rest the juices will redistribute in the beef and tasting so much better.
- If using a slow cooker to cook beef less sauce the better. The beef will naturally give off liquid and even if you put almost none it will still add at least half the slow cooker of juice.
- Always pair a crunchy salt potato with the beef! Make a giant sheet pan of latkes in the oven to same time and work: click here for recipe!
Here is a great slow cooker I recommend: Click Here
Happy Cooking and hope this makes your dinner easier!
Hope you love this recipe and I am always grateful for you! Happy Cooking!
Gratitude Tip While You Cook:
My mission with Chop Happy is to create easy recipe for busy people with a dash of gratitude! Since we all have to be in the kitchen at some point in our day lets use that time to zen out and gain more gratitude.
For the time the you save visualize your dreams as if it is already here. Working on you does not have to be a long drawn out process. It can be as simple as a couple of pages of a motivational book. The perfect book to read to learn more about finding calmness, your dreams and making your wishes a reality is The Secret!
Tzimmes Beef Pot Roast
Pot Roast Ingredients:
- 1 medium roast (tied to hold shape while cooking)
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 2 teaspoons pepper
- 2 teaspoons garlic powder
- 2 teaspoons onion powder
- 2 teaspoons oregano
- 1 onion (sliced)
- 3 tablespoons butter
- 4 large carrots (cut in small chunks)
- 3 sweet potatoes (cut in chuncks)
- 1 cup dried prunes
- 1 cup dried appricots
- 1 cup golden rasins
- 2 teaspoons pumpkin spice
- 2 tablespoons brown sugar
- 1/4 honey
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 lemon
- First, season all sides of the roast with salt, pepper, garlic powder, onion powder, and oregano.
- Next, place onions in the slow cooker and season with pinch salt and pepper.
- Now, add the seasoned roast ontoo of the onions. Fat side up so it bastes the beef.
- Next, mix all the tsimis ingredients and pour on top of the roast. Leave in the fridge overnight so seasonings can go throughout the meat.
- Finally turn the slow cooker on high for 6 hours. Enjoy!
Great Healthy Articles:
- Top 6 Healthy Snacks You Can Buy On Amazon
- 7 Healthy Italian Comfort Food Recipes
- 10 Healthy Comfort Food Dinner Recipes
Any question comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!
(Visited 160 times, 1 visits today)Subscribe for tasty, free recipes!