Yes, it’s avocado in potato salad! The creamy citrusy avocado hugs the starchy salty potato for this epic side dish! I am obsessed with potato salad, and this avocado cream adds a fun twist to this summer staple.
This recipe is so fun because it’s a 2-in-1 recipe. There’s the potato salad, and then there’s also the avocado cream that can be mixed with pasta or zoodles. Your guests are going to think you’re a star chef when you bring this out. Watch the video because there are some awesome cooking techniques to help you love cooking even more.
Tips for Amazing Potatoes:
- Boil your potatoes in chicken stock (or veggie stock, if vegetarian) instead of water. It will infuse more flavor into your potatoes, guaranteeing a yummy potato inside and out.
When making potato salad, use yukon gold or small red potatoes. They have a creamier consistancy and hold up well to dressing.
- As always, these recipes are part of my mission to provide you with 2 goals:
- To make amazingly simple homemade comfort food.
- To learn useful tips to make cooking fun.
Avocado Potato Salad Recipe
Avocado Cream Ingredients:
- 2 avocados
- 1 jalapeño chopped (de-seeded and take ribs out)
- 1 handful mint
- 2 cloves garlic
- 1 tsp dijon mustard
- 1 lime (zest and juice)
- 1/2 cup olive oil
- 1 tap pepper
- 1 tsp salt
Potato Salad Ingredients:
- 2 1/2 lb small red potatoes (cut in half)
- 3 cups chicken broth
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 1 handful mint (rough chopped)
- First lets make the avocado cream.
- Add all the avocado cream ingredients in a blender and pulse till you get a creamy consistency.
- Make sure there are no chunks. Now set aside to use as dressing for the potato salad.
- Place the potatoes in a pot and cover with chicken broth (or vegetable broth).
- Turn the heat to medium high. When the chicken broth boils start the timer for 10 minutes.
- After 10 minutes drain and let potatoes cool.
- Next add the potatoes, onions, mint, and avocado cream to a large bowl and mix gently so you do not breakup the potatoes.
- When mixed completely its done and time to chow down.
- Mix with zoodles for fun gluten free pasta dish
- Top the cream on chicken or steak for fun twist
- As a fun dip with chips.
Your Dash Of Gratitude:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay