To me dessert is not about measuring and sifting. Its about smiling and being happy! So I am a no bake dessert kind of guy. Because I am a chiropractor by day and food blogger at night, I like to test all my recipes after work to make sure they are quick and easy.
3 Tips to For Easy Whipped Cream:
1. Place the bowl and whisk (or electric mixture bowl) in the freezer for 20 minutes before you use them. The colder the bowl the faster will form stiff creamy peaks.
2. Make sure that the heavy cream is cold cold cold! The cream being cold is a way to cut the time in half to whipped cream.
3. Taste the cream before you whip to see if needs more sugar or vanilla (if yes add before whip)! Once its whipped (whipping creates air). You want to be careful adding as it could deflate the whip cream.
- 2 cups heavy cream (cold)
- 3/4 cup powdered sugar
- 16 oz ricotta
- 1 cup marscapone cheese (or cream cheese)
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1/4 cup semi sweet chocolate chips
- 20 cookies (thing cookies are best)
First, place heavy cream, powdered sugar, ricotta, marscapone, and vanilla in a bowl and whisk until forms into whipped cream.
Now, add chocolate chips and gently fold into the whipped cream.
Next add a little whipped cream to a cake stand (or plate) and smear it around the plate (this helps hold the cookies to the plate).
Now add five cookies in a rounded circle shape over whipped cream.
Next, add 1/4 of the whipped cream and spread over cookies (see video above).
Now add 5 more cookies on top of the whipped cream. Repeat layers of cookies and whipped cream until run out of cookies (2 more layers). Make sure to save whipped cream for top of cake.
Sprinkle some extra chocolate chips on top and place in the fridge 8 hours or over night.
Finally, enjoy cookie cannoli yum!
Watch how to make this simple dessert:
These are the BEST cannoli’s I bring to Thanksgiving Every Year:
Two of my other favorite No Bake Recipes:
This book changed my life and it is how I elevated my home cooking:
Your Dash Of Gratitude:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay