Sweet, creamy, and spicy, mussels in a pot of happiness. This is so comforting and warming that weeknight dinners will never be the same.
No matter how busy you are this recipe will always have your back. This is a one pot, drop ingredients, stir, and eat recipe. When I tested this recipe on Tom he was soooo excited. He was sooo impressed with the flavor combinations I was able to get in this bowl of mussels. The secret is it really is not that hard to make this! Just a combination of coconut milk and Thai curry paste. These 2 ingredients make your taste buds cheer for joy and life feel warm, excitingly spicy, sweet, and comforting.
I love sharing these type of easy comfort food recipes with you because life is crazy and we should indulge with easy happy recipes. You work hard and deserve the best in the world. I hope this recipe makes you smile, dance, and cheer. Happy cooking and I am sending you great vibes!!!
I hope this recipe makes you appreciate life and the simplistic fun you can have with good food and happy thoughts. I am always super grateful to cook with you and I hope you love this recipe it makes you and your family smile.
Island Coconut Curry Mussels Recipe
- 1 red onion (chopped)
- 5 cloves garlic (sliced)
- 1 fresno chili (seeded and chopped)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 can coconut milk
- 2 tablespoons Thai red curry paste
- 3 pounds Mussels
- 1 lime (zest and juice)
- 1 handful mint (chopped)
- 1/4 cup cashews (roughly chopped)
- First, cook onions and fresno chills in 2 tablespoons of olive oil. Cook for 5 minutes, on a medium heat.
- Next, add garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Now, add the coconut milk and curry paste and mix well. Cook on low for 5 minutes.
- Next add the mussels, mix and cover for 10 minutes on medium high.
- Finally add mint, cashews, lime and lime zest.
- Enjoy with big piece of bread to soak up the sauce.
For more easy, happy comfort food recipes, check out our Pinterest Page
More Quick Recipes:
I can’t wait for you to try this recipe!!! Cheers to easy comfort food desserts. Happy Cooking!
Your Dash Of Gratitude:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay