Bagel and lox quiche is perfect for Passover. It has a salty buttery matzo pie crust.
Things you will need:
You can use saltines if don’t have matzo!
Bagel and Lox Quiche With Matzo Pie Crust
Matzo Pie Crust Ingredients:
- 4 sheets Matzo (egg or regular)
- 1 stick butter (melted)
- 1 teaspoon salt
Quiche Filling Ingredients:
- 1/4 pound Lox (chopped)
- 1 bunch Chives (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon Everything Bagel Seasoning
- 8 ounces cream cheese (soften at room temp)
- 5 eggs
- 1/2 cup heavy cream
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
Matzo Pie Dough Recipe:
- Preheat oven at 350.
- First, place the matzo in the blender and blend to a sand like texture.
- Next, add the rest of the ingredients and blend to form the dough.
- Now, press and form on a pie dish.
- Next, bake on the middle rack for 15 minutes. Watch to make sure it does not burn. If it starts to brown too much cover with foil.
- Now, set aside to cool for a few minutes.
- First, in a bowl, mix the quiche ingredients together until well combined. It’s okay to have chunks if cream cheese.
- Next, pour into matzo crust and bake for an additional 40 minutes (350 degree oven).
- Finally, top with more chives and enjoy!
Other Pie Recipes To Use This Matzo Crust:
Other Passover Recipes:
Any question comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!
My Favorite Ways To Save Money In The Kitchen:
Totally Recommend This Food Processor:
Check Out This book! It changed my life and keeps me centered:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay