Yes the title is correct -and yes it is guaranteed to make you mashed potato smile 🙂 ! Mashed Potato Lasagna is a comfort food big hug.
The creamy potato layered with cheese melts in your mouth with a touch of tang as a standing ovation at the end from topping the lasagna with sour cream. There is also a fun time savor in the noodle portion of this recipe masterpiece that will make you love this recipe even more.
I definitely feel like a meal is not complete with out a potato on my plate and this is like a potato casserole.
Grab your ingredients and follow along with the video!
Mashed Potato Lasagna Recipe
- Butter to grease baking dish
- 2 (13oz) bags frozen cheese raviolis (approximately 24 raviolis)
- 4 cups mashed potatoes (you can use leftovers or one of my favorite recipes Brown Butter Mashed Potatoes)
- 3 onions, sliced and sautéd with butter on medium-low for 15 min
- 4-5 scallions, chopped into small pieces
- Handful fresh sage, roughly chopped
- 3/4 lb Gruyere cheese, shredded
- Extra virgin olive oil, for drizzling
- Extra toppings: leftover chopped scallions and sage, dollop sour cream to finish
- Preheat oven 350 degrees
- In a buttered baking dish, place frozen raviolis on the bottom of the dish side by side as many as will fit.
- Next add mashed potatoes on top of raviolis.
- Now spread over the raviolis onions, scallions, and sage. Sprinkle half of the Gruyere cheese over the top.
- Add another layer of frozen raviolis, then a layer of Gruyere cheese and sage on top the raviolis.
- Drizzle with olive oil to help the lasagna brown in the oven.
- Bake 30 minutes. Check to make sure it doesn’t burn on top, it should be nice and bubbly.
- Rest for 20 minutes (keeps it beautiful when you cut it)
- Garnish with scallions, and sour cream
What do you feel is a must-have side? Watch the video, bake it and any question or comments, please comment below.
With a grateful lasagna heart and an amazing mashed potato tummy – Jay