Happy sunshine crunchy rainbow veggie time! This is a great easy healthy sandwich with tang bright flavor for a crowd.
Watch how to make this awesome sandwich:
Rainbow Veggies Sandwich with Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1 round loaf sour dough (cut inch of top and hollow out inside)
- 1/4 red cabbage (shredded)
- 1/4 pound cheddar cheese slices (thick slices)
- 1 yellow pepper (cut in strips)
- 1 avocado (smashed with lime and salt)
- 1 tomato (sliced thin)
- 1 cup arugula
- 3 tablepoons olive tapenade or pesto
- salt and pepper
Apple Cider Vinaigrette
- 1/3 cup apple cider vinegar
- 1 garlic clove (grated or finely chopped)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tespoon Dijon mustard
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- First, place the arugula, yellow peppers, and cabbage in separate bowls. Add 1 teaspoon sat and 1/2 teaspoon pepper in each and mix. Let sit for 15 minutes so seasons through the vegetable.
- Next, combine all vinaigrette ingredients until looks creamy and then pour evenly into all 3 bowls of veggies.
- Also, salt and pepper the tomato and avocado.
- Now, cut an 1 inch from the top the bread and hollow out the inside. Next smear olive tapenade all over the inside (see video above).
- Next, layer veggies in the bread (tomatoes, cheddar cheese, yellow peppers, avocado, arugula, then top layer of cabbage).
- Finally, put top of bread on top. Place heavy pot or can onto of the bread and let sit for 1 hour or overnight in the fridge.
- Cut and enjoy!
My Fave Pot To Cook With:
Check Out This book! It changed my life and keeps me centered:
Your Dash Of Gratitude:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay