A bagel, cream cheese, and lox turned into a super simple dip recipe!
- Buy store bought hummus and scallion cream cheese to make this even easier.
- You can make this a day in advance so it is make ahead happy.
- Save money on smoked salmon. Usually the store will have bits and pieces of lox leftover that they will sell you cheaper.
- Perfect gift! Buy a fun dish to put the dip in. This is a great gift for the host.
Tools You Need For This Recipe:
What is the difference between Smoked Salmon and Gravlax:
- Smoked salmon is exactly what the name says. Smoked. It gets it flavor from both the seasoning and the type of wood you use to smoke. There is a more sweet fruity flavor in this type of lox.
- Gravlax is cured. This means the salmon is rubbed with salt, sugar, and other spices. Usually a 50-50 salt to sugar ratio. Sometimes there is also vodka included in the mix. This type of lox is slightly more salty.
Watch how to make this easy recipe:
Everything Bagel Seasoning 7 Layer Dip
- 1 cup hummus
- 2 tomatoes (chopped)
- 16 ounces whipped cream cheese
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- 4 scallions (chopped)
- 4 ounces smoked salmon slices
- 1/4 cups capers (drained)
- 8 ounces sour cream
- 4 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning (2 tbsp for hummus and 2 tbsp for top layer)
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- First Layer: Mix hummus and 2 tablespoons everything seasoning together. Then spread at bottom of the dish.
- Second Layer: Mix tomatoes, salt and pepper. Spread on top of hummus layer.
- Third Layer: Mix cream cheese, lemon juice, and scallions. Spread on top of the tomato layer.
- Fourth Layer: Layer lox on top of the cream cheese layer.
- Fifth Layer: Sprinkle capers on top of the salmon.
- Sixth Layer: Smear sour cream on top of the capers.
- Seventh Layer: Sprinkle remaining everything bagel seasoning on top.
- Finally, dip with veggies, crackers or bagel chips!
Other Chop Happy Everything Seasoning Recipes:
- The Best Everything Bagel Calzones
- NYC Everything Bagel Potato Salad
- Everything Bagel Fries with Cream Cheese Dip
- Everything Bagel Pigs in a Blanket
- NYC Everything Bagel Stromboli
If need any modifications to this recipe just comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!
My Favorite Ways To Add More Gratitude In My Life:
Totally Recommend This Food Processor:
Check Out This book! It changed my life and keeps me centered:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay