Wrap me in bacon and call it a happy day lol! Sweet sticky glaze, on salty crispy bacon, hugging fluffy starchy tater tots is my moment of bliss! These usually don’t make it to the table. I end up burning my fingers eating them hot off the sheet tray they are do intoxicating.
This recipe is super simple to make. You can prepare the tater tots ahead of time. Put the sheet pan in the refrigerator overnight. The next day before baking, let the tarter tots get to room temperature. This will ensure crispy toasted perfection.
In Chop Happy land bacon is a vegetable. Eat as many as you want!
May this make you smile and stop a moment to be in bacon zen. I wish for you more bacon dreams. Bacon makes me so inspired.
Here is a fun quote to make your bacon day awesome:
“What we feel on the inside will reflect what happens to us in this world! So feel joy happiness and bliss!”
Grab your ingredients and follow along with the video!
Honey Glazed Bacon Wrapped Tater Tots
- 4 slices thin cut bacon cut into 4 pieces
- 16 tater tots
- 2 tbsp honey
- 1 tsp black pepper for seasoning
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees
- First, place a tater tot on one end of the bacon. Roll the tater tot up wrapping bacon around the whole tater tot.
- Now, coat the tater tot with honey. Make sure to cover all the bacon.
- Place tater tots onto baking sheet seam side down (so the bacon doesn't open up while cooking), season each tater tot with a little pepper to add a kick. (If you don't have wire rack use baking sheet just flip the tots half way through for even cooking)
- Bake for 20 minutes (start checking at 10 min so does not burn), enjoy!
Ask away your fun cooking questions below in the comment section! 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing bacon tummy – Jay