This is the easiest sweet and tart applesauce you will ever make.
Applesauce runs deep in our culinary veins in the Goldstein household. Every Hanukkah we would put bowls of applesauce around the table next to the potato pancakes. After the holidays were over I would eat the leftover applesauce right out the jar like candy. There is a great debate with latkes of applesauce verse sour cream. We would also put our sour cream to be fair to everyone but my household is all applesauce all the time lol! One year I thought I was going to try to make applesauce from scratch. I thought it would be hard but its soooo easy. Applesauce taught never judge a recipe by your perceptions.
In true Chop Happy style the recipe had to be easy and fit my busy schedule! So the slow cooker was my method of cooking because could cook while I was at work. Also, simple flavorful ingredients were key. Finally, the type of apple you use is key. I love Mcintosh because they are the perfect balance of sweet and tart. Too excited for you to try this recipe and freeze any leftovers as it will last 6 months in the freezer.
Gratitude Tip While You Cook:
My mission with Chop Happy is to create easy recipe for busy people with a dash of gratitude! Since we all have to be in the kitchen at some point in our day lets use that time to zen out and gain more gratitude.
For the time the applesauce cooks visualize your dreams as if it is already here. Working on you does not have to be a long drawn out process. It can be as simple as a couple of pages of a motivational book. The perfect book to read to learn more about finding calmness, your dreams and making your wishes a reality is The Secret!
Read some pages while the house fills with pie joy. Hope this helps you find joy in a crazy day and I am so grateful for you!
Recipe Hack / Cooking Tips:
- Mcintosh Apple: These are my favorite apples to use for applesauce! They are sweet tart and crisp in flavor. Also they melt really well so you only need a potato masher to turn hot apples into sauce.
- Butter: Butter makes everything better! But in this case a little butter melted in the apple sauce adds a silky rich texture.
- Gratitude While Stirring: Use the kitchen as a place for self care. As you stir or chop say what you are grateful for. I do this all the time so that cooking can be a time to recharge.
Watch How To Make Applesauce:
How to Make Applesauce in a Slow Cooker
- 8 mcintosh apples (peel and slice)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 sticks cinnamon
- 1/2 lemon (juice)
- First, place all the ingredients in the slow cooker and mix.
- Next, set slow cooker for 6 hours and 30 minutes on low.
- Finally, take cinnamon sticks out and mash the apples with potato masher and enjoy!
Other Easy Recipes:
Any question comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!
(Visited 72 times, 1 visits today)Subscribe for tasty, free recipes!