This is the easiest rich and decadent apple sauce you ever had. Perfect for all the extra apples you get from apple picking!
Gratitude Tip While You Cook:
Recipe Hack / Cooking Tips:
- Mcintosh Apple: These are my favorite apples to use for applesauce! They are sweet tart and crisp in flavor. Also they melt really well so you only need a potato masher to turn hot apples into sauce.
- Butter: Butter makes everything better! But in this case a little butter melted in the apple sauce adds a silky rich texture.
- Gratitude While Stirring: Use the kitchen as a place for self care. As you stir or chop say what you are grateful for. I do this all the time so that cooking can be a time to recharge.
Watch How To Make Chocolate Applesauce:
How to Make Chocolate Applesauce in a Slow Cooker
- 8 mcintosh apples (peel and slice)
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 cup orange juice
- 3 cinamon sticks
- 1 tablespoon coffee
- 1 cup dark choclate chips
- First, place all the ingredients in the slow cooker (except the coffee and choc0late) and mix.
- Next, set slow cooker for 6 hours and 30 minutes on low.
- Now, take cinnamon sticks out and mash the apples with potato masher!
- Finally, add chocolate and coffe. Mix and enjoy with whipped cream ontop!
Other Easy Recipes:
Any question comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!