This creamy sweet and spicy tomato recipe is a super easy version of penne all vodka pasta (vodka sauce).
Friends Taste Test
Recipe Hack / Cooking Tips:
- Salting Pasta Water: Salting the water is the only chance you get to season the pasta. Salt till it tastes like the sea. Take a spoonful of the pasta water (cool it down) and taste it. If it tastes more like salt then water its ready for the pasta! Also do not add the salt to the water till its boiling. If you add salt before the water boils most of the salt stays at the bottom. Then you will not properly season the pasta.
- How to Avoid Garlic from Burning: Since you want the garlic to infuse in the tomato paste you might cook longer then normal. But the garlic in thin coin like shapes. This will let you cook the garlic without it burning after 30 seconds.
- Why Salt Is In Most Recipes: Salt is so important in recipes because it’s a flavor enhancer. It makes food taste more like themselves. A great tip when making savory dishes. At the end taste your final product. If it does not zing, add a small amount of salt at a time and taste. Continue doing this until you taste it zing.
Things you will need:
Watch This Video On How To Make This (video filmed by The Daily Meal):
How To Make Penne Alla Vodka Pasta (Carbone copycat recipe)
- 1 pound ziti, rigatoni or penne
- 1 6 ounce can tomato paste
- 3 tablespoons extra olive oil
- 2 cups cream
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped or sliced)
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 2-3 teaspoons red pepper flakes
- 1/2 cup Parmesan
- Next, in a pot, add oil and tomato paste to medium heat and cook and stir for 2 minutes.
- Now, add red pepper flakes and garlic and cook for 30 seconds.
- Next, add cream and whisk to combine. Cook on medium-low for two minutes to thicken.
- Finally, add pasta and cook for a minute to combine sauce and pasta together. Add Parmesan on top if you want and enjoy!
Other Easy Pasta Recipes:
Any question comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!
My Favorite Ways To Save Money In The Kitchen:
Check Out This book! It changed my life and keeps me centered:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay