Slurping juicy sweet mussels filled with pizza flavored broth is quick dinner bliss.
Steps For Cleaning Mussels:
Recipe Hack / Cooking Tips:
- Wake Up Dried Herbs: Herbs are sitting in the jar for a long time. To get maximum flavor wake them up to release their oils. Push your food in the pan to the side, add oil, and cooking the dried herbs for 10 seconds. This will make all the difference in flavor of your recipe!
- How To Know Herbs Are Fresh: When chopping fresh herbs there should be a fresh herbal smell coming from the cutting board. While chop basil it should have a sweet smell, parsley should smell grassy, and cilantro (if you like it) citrusy. If your herbs are not pungent in their awesome smell switch to dried herbs instead.
- Gratitude While Stirring: Use the kitchen as a place for self care. As you stir or chop say what you are grateful for. I do this all the time so that cooking can be a time to recharge.
Watch How To Make Pepperoni Pizza Mussels:
How To Make Pepperoni Pizza Mussels
- 3 pounds mussels (see above for how to clean them)
- 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 10 slices pepperoni (chopped)
- 1 shallot (chopped)
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon oregano
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 1 cup chopped canned tomatoes
- 2 cups chicken broths
- 10 basil leaves (chopped)
- 1 handful parsley (chopped)
- 1/2 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- First, add olive oil, pepperoni, and shallots to a pot on medium heat and cook 2 minutes.
- Next, add garlic powder, red pepper flakes, and oregano and stir for 30 seconds to wake up seasoning.
- Now, add mussels, salt, pepper, and crushed tomatoes to the pot and stir.
- Next, close the lid cook 4 minutes, stir, and then cover and cook 4 more minutes.
- Finally, add basil, parsley, parm, and vinegar. Then enjoy!
Other Easy Recipes:
Any question comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!
My Favorite Ways To Save Money In The Kitchen:
Check Out This book! It changed my life and keeps me centered:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay