- Hold the lemon cut-side up to prevent seeds getting in the food.
- To mix all the ingredients well, mix from the bottom of the bowl, going upward as you rotate the bowl (see video).
- Use my favorite tool: the microplane! When you grate garlic with this tool, there are never big chunks so you get lots of evenly distributed garlic flavor.
- Use pre-cut, store-bought veggies to make your meal less labor-intensive. It also saves you time and helps you relax because you have one less thing to worry about. For this recipe, I used pre-shredded cabbage.
- Any time a recipe calls for citrus, also use the zest! This recipe calls for lemon so I zested it because the lemon zest is where the bold citrus oils are, and it adds more intense flavor.
- 4 clementines (quartered)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (halved)
- 4 packages ramen (cook to package instructions but throw out seasoning)
- 1 handful mint (chopped)
- 1/4 purple cabbage (shredded)
- 3 scallions (chopped)
- 1 handfull sunflower seeds (salted and shelled)
- 2 lemons (juice and zest)
- 3 cloves garlic (finely chopped or grated)
- 1/4 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tsp salt
- 1 tsp pepper
First put all the salad ingredients in a big bowl.
Next add all the dressing ingredients.
Now mix the ingredients together till combined.
Grab a fork and enjoy this pasta treat.
- Best served cold
- Last for days and makes great leftovers.
Your Dash Of Gratitude:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay