The NYC moment that inspired this dish:
You will learn two things in this recipe that you can adapt to other recipes:
1. The secret to making a home-made rice bowl taste like it came straight from the restaurant:
– The key is the rice vinegar (see video or recipe below for how to apply this)
2. My versatile ginger vinaigrette:
– As a salad dressing or as a rice bowl sauce.
– Use it to jazz up a summer pasta salad.
– Marinade for chicken or shrimp.
– In your stir fry: After all your veggies and meat are cooked, pour this in and stir at the last minute.
YOUR DASH OF GRATITUDE:
- 1 clove garlic grated or chopped finely
- 2 tsp rice vinger
- 1 tbs ginger grated
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tsp soy sauce
- 1 tsp Dijon musturd
- 1 tsp maple syrup
- 4-5 slices smoked salmon sliced in strips
- 1 avocado halfed cut into slices or chuncks
- 1 sliced thin radishes
- 1 cup edaname
- 2 cups cooked white rice
- 1 tsp seasame seeds optional
Place all the Tangy Ginger Dressing ingredients in a bowl. Whisk or mix till combined and creamy. Enjoy!
Note: As you build the rice bowls, please divide the ingredients between 2 bowls.
Mix the rice with the rice vinegar to add tang and separate the rice.
Now place the other salmon rice bowl ingredients (except sesame seeds) on top of the rice spreading out into sections.
Next add ginger dressing and top with sesame seeds.
Finally enjoy and have an awesome meal.
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay