I love salads and especially ones with big chucks of salty cheese mixed with juicy sweet fruit and crunchy peanuts. This is a quick salad that packs a big sweet salty punch. Me and my friends love to have dinner parties and of course I happily get nominated to cook the meal. One of the times we were together I had made lots of rich yummy things (my steak and potato salad recipes) and thought that if there was a fruit or vegetable I would might be able to eat a couple more bites lol. The watermelon seemed like an amazing choice because it’s juicy and refreshing for summer fun. This was a huge hit and over the time it has evolved into a staple in my apartment. There are simple ingredients which makes this an easy quick party treat.
So let’s get the party started and the drinks made. This side will be sure to put a yummy smile on everyone’s face as the crunch of the peanuts and the flavor bomb of the cheese kiss the watermelon and make your taste-buds shine.
Watermelon Feta Salad
- 8 oz seedless watermelon (cut into chunks)
- 1/2 lb feta cheese (cut into large chunks)
- 1 jalapeno (de-seeded, take out ribs, and chopped)
- 1 handful mint (chopped)
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1 tbs honey
- 3 scallions ( chopped)
- 1 handful roasted salted peanuts
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- Put the watermelon, feta, mint, jalapeno, scallions, and peanuts in a bowl.
- TIP: If making in advance do not put the peanuts in until you are ready to serve. This will maintain their crunchy texture.
- Now add to the bowl lemon juice/zest, honey, oil, salt and pepper.
- Mix all the ingredients together and enjoy!
Give it a try and share pictures of your tasty creation 🙂
With a grateful heart and a fruity salad amazing tummy – Jay