Carb happy and cheesy mac and cheese in a slow cooker makes life so much easier.
Steps For The Perfect Slow Cooker Mac:
Slow Cooker Verse Traditional Mac and Cheese:
1. Traditional: Boil pasta, make cheesy sauce, and bake.
The Pro’s: are that it can be ready faster!
Con’s: But if having a dinner party or holiday meal you use up precious stove space. Also should eat right away!
2. Slow Cooker: Drop dried pasta, liquid, and seasoning and slowly cook.
The Pro’s: Can set it and forget it! Also does not take up precious stove space. The best part as you skip the step of boiling the pasta! Finally can keep the slow cooker on low and keep warm for hours til ready to eat.
Con’s: You have to wait 4 hours!
Here is my Picks for Best Slow Cookers To Buy: Click Here
Top Slow Cooker Mashed Potato Recipes:
- The secret ingredient to creamy sauce is cream cheese.
- Use evaporated milk because it has less water and gets creamier.
- Dont cook the pasta! The pasta cooks in the slow cooker and also helps thicken the sauce by releasing starch!
Watch This Video On How To Make Mac and Cheese In a Slow Cooker:
Here is my Fool Proof Mac and Cheese Recipe:
Slow Cooker Queso Mac and Cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 1 14 ounces canned fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 4.5 ounce canned green chilies
- 3 scallions chopped
- 4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound cavatappi pasta (or macaroni) uncooked
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- First, add cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, salt and pepper in slow cooker. Mix to combine.
- Next, add the evaporated milk, scallions, tomatoes, green chile, cheese, and pasta in the slow cooker. Mix to combine well.
- Now turn slow cooker on for 3 hours on low.
- Finally, enjoy this cheesy carb smile!
Any other questions about mac and cheese comment below and will be happy to answer!
Other Easy Recipes:
Any question comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!
My Favorite Ways To Save Money In The Kitchen:
Check Out This book! It changed my life and keeps me centered:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay