Mashed potatoes made in the slow cooker makes life so much easier then traditional methods.
Steps For The Perfect Mashed Potatoes:
Slow Cooker Verse Traditional Mashed Potatoes:
1. Traditional: Boil the mashed potatoes in broth and salt and then mash.
The Pro’s: are that it can be ready faster!
Con’s: But if having a dinner party or holiday meal you use up precious stove space. Also should eat right away!
2. Slow Cooker: Drop potatoes, liquid, and seasoning and slowly cook. Then mash with cheesy ingredients.
The Pro’s: Can set it and forget it! Also does not take up precious stove space. Finally can keep the slow cooker on low and keep warm for hours til ready to eat.
Con’s: You have to wait 4 hours!
Top Slow Cooker Mashed Potato Recipes:
- Yukon Gold Potatoes save time because no need to peel. The skins are soft and thin so easy to eat.
- Use chicken broth instead of water! Replacing the water with broth makes them even more soaked up with flavor.
- Salt the potatoes after water boils. If salt before there is a boil the salt stays at the bottom of pot and the potatoes are not seasoned well!
- Cut the potatoes small. The smaller you cut the more evenly cooked and faster they cook.
- Make this a vegetarian recipe. Use mushroom or vegetable broth instead of chicken broth.
Watch This Video On How To Make Mashed Potatoes In a Slow Cooker:
Here is my Fool Proof Mashed Potato Recipe:
The Best Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- 4 pounds Yukon gold potatoes (cut in small chuncks)
- 1/4 cup chicken broth
- 5 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon garlic powder
- 1/2 cup sour cream
- 1 tablespoon chives
- First, place the potatoes, chicken broth, salt, pepper, garlic powder, and butter in the slow cooker.
- Next, cover and cook on low for 4 hours and 30 minutes.
- Next, drain extra liquid, add sour cream, and chives. Mash to combine until smooth (don't not over mash).
- Finally enjoy!
Any other questions about mashed potatoes comment below and will be happy to answer!
Other Easy Recipes:
Any question comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!
My Favorite Ways To Save Money In The Kitchen:
Check Out This book! It changed my life and keeps me centered:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay