This is the juiciest easiest pulled pork recipe I have ever made. Any recipe where my personal chef (the slow cooker) is involved is a great recipe to me. What makes it so easy is everything goes in a blender, you rub the pork and then the slow cooker does the rest.
What makes this recipe so family friendly is it can make endless dinners.
- Pulled pork in a taco shell – add salsa and avocado – and you have tacos!
- In a grilled cheese sandwich – you have piggy grilled cheese!
- Mix the pulled pork with mac and cheese to add a sweet rosemary flare to the dish.
- Mix it with BBQ sauce and pasta to make Texas pasta!
My good friend David from Fedoroff’s Roast Pork at Smorgasburg in Williamsburg, Brooklyn makes the best pork sandwich in all of New York! He helped me with this awesome recipe – and gave me two tips:
- Find flavors that marry or love pork like rosemary and sage.
- Don’t use a lot of liquid, because the pork will let out its own natural juices.
This advice was so money – it made the recipe easier and boy is this pulled pork tasty!
Get ready to go to work and let the slow cooker make your dinner.
When you get home the smell of garlicky, earthy, sweet pork will fill your house and welcome you back from a long day to a hot amazing dinner!
Slow Cooker Pulled Pork Recipe Sandwiches
- 1 5 pound boneless pork shoulder (with the ties removed)
- 2 onions (chopped)
- 7 stems thyme (pulled off stems but no need to chop)
- 1 handful fresh sage (no need to chop)
- 3 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1/2 cup rosemary (pulled off stems but no need to chop)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 1/4 cup white wine
- 1 tablespoon salt
- 1 tablespoon pepper
- 6 rolls
- 2 cups coleslaw
- 6 slices cheddar cheese
- First, in a blender add garlic, thyme, sage, rosemary, big pinches of salt and pepper. Drizzle 1/4 cup olive oil as blend to her paste.
- Next, add pork, season with 1 tablespoon salt and 1/2 tablespoon pepper all over.
- Now rub herb paste into the pork making sure you coat all sides, add onions and pour the wine in the slow cooker.
- Next, cover and cook 8 hours on low.
- Finally, pull pork with forks, add a heaping portion on buns and top with cheddar cheese and coleslaw.
Take The Leftover Pulled Pork and Make This Quick Recipe:
You can enjoy this all week long – it is so amazing! Give it a try and let me know what you think 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing pulled pork tummy – Jay