This everything bagel potato salad is starchy, creamy, cheesy. No need to travel to NYC to get a bagel. All the gloriously crunchy authentic flavors are in this potato salad.
First of all, I have to admit I am obsessed with Trade Joe’s everything bagel seasoning. I have already created a bunch of recipes using this crunchy bagel flavored seasoning:
- Everything Bagel Fries with Scallion Cream Cheese Dip!
- Everything Bagel Pigs and Blanket
- Dinner Time Everything Bagel Stromboli
Being a New Yorker I need more bagel flavor in my life. Bagel’s have so much amazing meaning for me. It was a tradition every weekend for me and my Dad to go get a dozen bagels and cream cheese. We would eat the hot fluffy bagels as a celebration of the weekend. So anytime I make a bagel recipe it warms my heart with memories of my Dad.
The dilemma I had making this recipe was how to incorporate the cream cheese texture but not clumpy. The solution was sooo easy! I added extra virgin olive oil to help get a cream cheese texture with a creamy consistency. This literally tastes like a bagel with cream cheese. You friends will think you are sooo NYC trendy. Finally, in Chop Happy style, this is so easy to make!
NYC Everything Bagel Potato Salad
- 2 pounds small red potatoes (cut in half)
- 4 cups chicken stock
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 2 tablespoons sour cream
- 1 lemon (juice and zest)
- 1 teaspoon white wine vinegar
- 1/2 cup extra virgin olive oil
- 3 scallions (chopped)
- 2 tablespoons chives
- 2 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning (1 tbsp mix in and 1 on top to serve)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- First, place the potatoes in a pot and cover with chicken stock. Turn the stove on high and when you see a boil, time 15 minutes. Drain and set aside for later.
- Next, add in a big bowl, cream cheese, pepper, sour cream, lemon, vinegar, olive oil, and a pinch of salt. Mix to combine well.
- Next pour in to cream cheese mixture the potatoes, scallions, chives, and lemon zest. Mix well to combine. Mix with a scooping motion slowly so you do not break the potatoes.
- Now mix in 1 tablespoon of everything bagel seasoning.
- Finally top with 1 more tablespoon of everything bagel seasoning and enjoy!
For more easy, happy comfort food recipes, check out our Pinterest Page
More Quick Recipes:
I can’t wait for you to try this recipe!!! Cheers to easy comfort food. Happy Cooking!
Your Dash Of Gratitude:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay