This is dedicated to my fellow alum at Quinnipiac University! These were some of the best times of my life. I made life long friends, learned a lot, and eat a lot lol! I am so grateful to have an article written about me in the Quinnipac Alumni magazine and wanted to dedicate a recipe those happy memories. These days I crack during the day (Chiropractor) and chop at night (food blogger)! So just like college my dinner needs to be ready fast.
3 Tips to Fast Dinners:
1. Make double the recipe. Cook one and freeze one for a really busy week.
2. Make the Stromboli the day before. Put on a sheet tray and when you get home, put it in the oven.
3. Grab premade pizza dough in the can. I know this is not chef–approved but sooo much easier to roll out.
Pepperoni Pizza Stromboli
- 1 pizza dough
- 1/2 cup favorite marinara sauce
- 20-25 pepperoni slices
- 1 cup shredded mozzarella
- 10 basil leaves (hand torn)
- Preheat oven to 375.
- First, roll out the pizza dough (approximately the size and shape of a sheet pan).
- Next, spread marinara on the pizza dough leaving 1 inch boarder.
- Now sprinkle mozzarella cheese all over the pizza dough leaving 1 inch boarder.
- Next, place pepperoni all on top of the cheese also leaving a 1 inch boarder.
- Roll up into a jelly roll length wise.
- Next, brush the top of the Stromboli with egg and sprinkle mozzarella on top.
- Finally, seal the edges, place on parchment lined sheet tray, and bake for 20 minutes on the middle rack (or until browned on the top).
Watch how to make this simple recipes:
Two of my other favorite Stromboli dinners:
This book changed my life and it is how I elevated my home cooking:
Your Dash Of Gratitude:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay