I throw all the cheesy queso ingredients in the slow cooker before I go to work. Then after a fun day cracking (I am a chiropractor) I come home to hot carb happy cheesy dinner waiting for me. This is the perfect happy busy persons dinner solution to a long day!
3 Tips to Busy Week Dinners:
1. This recipe is enough for 10 super hungry people. Divide the mac and cheese in half. Freeze 1/2 for a crazy week and eat half this week.
2. I always prepare slow cooker meals the night before or that morning before work. Right before you leave turn it on so you come home to a hot meal.
3. Make slow cooker dinners on Sunday and save it to eat through out the busy week. Now you don’t need to figure out what to eat!
Watch how to make this simple dinner:
Slow Cooker Queso Mac and Cheese
- 8 oz cream cheese
- 8 oz sour cream
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 2 cans evaporated milk
- 1 14 ounces canned fire roasted diced tomatoes
- 1 4.5 ounce canned green chilies
- 3 scallions chopped
- 4 cups grated sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 pound cavatappi pasta (or macaroni) uncooked
- 2 teaspoons salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- First, add cream cheese, sour cream, garlic powder, salt and pepper in slow cooker. Mix to combine.
- Next, add the evaporated milk, scallions, tomatoes, green chile, cheese, and pasta in the slow cooker. Mix to combine well.
- Now turn slow cooker on for 3 hours on low.
- Finally, enjoy this cheesy carb smile!
Two of my other favorite Mac and Cheese dinners:
This book changed my life and it is how I elevated my home cooking:
Your Dash Of Gratitude:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay