This is an easy slow cooker pork taco dinner recipe. Super easy tacos for diner with great leftovers!
Recipe Hack / Cooking Tips:
- Load Slow Cooker The Night Before: This serves 2 amazing reasons. First of all, you just take it out of fridge and turn on before work so you have more “you time” in the morning. The less to do in the morning the less you need to rush. Secondly, All the flavors get to marinate overnight and you get a much yummier recipe. If you season right before you cook, only the outside will have flavor. But if you season overnight it will season all through the meat.
- Purchase Pork Stew Meat: Pork stew meat is the same a big chunk of pork shoulder! The only difference is the butcher cut it up into chunks. The smaller the chunks of pork the more the seasoned they will be.
Things you will need:
Watch how to make this easy recipe:
Slow Cooker Pork and Sweet Potato Salsa Verde
- 3 pounds pork stew meat (pork shoulder)
- 3 cups tomatillo sauce (or 2 store brand jars)
- 2 sweet potatoes (chopped in chuncks)
- 3 scallions (chopped)
- 1 handful cilantro (chopped)
- 1 lime (the juice)
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- 6 tortilas (optional)
- First, place sweet potato and pork in the slow cooker. Add salt and pepper and mix.
- Next, add tomitillo sauce and mix.
- Optional: If you have time add all ingredients in the night before and let marinate in the fridge.
- Now, place lid on slow cooker and turn on low for 6 hours.
- Finally, add scallions, cilantro, and lime juice. Makes awesome tacos, rice bowls, or burritos.
Other Slow Cooker Recipes:
- The Best Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Gochujong Glazed Ham
Any question comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!
My Favorite Ways To Save Money In The Kitchen:
Totally Recommend This Food Processor:
Check Out This book! It changed my life and keeps me centered:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay