Tips for Happy Cooking:
Grains like lentils are a busy home cook’s best friend because they hold their shape and texture for a long time. You can boil lentils and put them in a ziplock bag and store in the fridge for a week. When you are ready to make the recipe, open up the ziplock bag, dump in the ingredients, and shake.
Fresh herbs in cold salad make the recipe fresh and that “wow” factor. For most cold salad recipes, add a handful of mint or parsley at the end and you will be a star cook.
Citrus always gives you a FREE ingredients! Always zest the lemon, lime or orange and add it to the recipe even if the instructions do not call for it. Any local store should have a microplane to make this easy. The zest has oils in it that will brighten your dish.
As always, these recipes are part of my mission to provide you with 2 goals:1) To make amazingly simple homemade comfort food.2) To learn useful tips to make cooking fun.
- 1 cup lentils (cook according to package instructions)
- 1/4 lb feta (cut in chunks )
- 1 handful mint (roughly chopped)
- 1 pint cherry tomatoes (cut in half)
- 1 handful parsley (roughly chopped)
- 1 cup green beens (cut in half)
- 1 shallot (diced)
- 1/2 tsp salt
- 1/2 tsp pepper
- 1 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 clove garlic (grated)
- 1 lemon (both juice and zest)
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil
Place all the salad ingredients from above in a big bowl.
Next add the juice of the lemon, lemon zest, and extra virgin olive oil in the bowl with the other ingredients.
Mix all the ingredients together.
Enjoy right away or can be refrigerated for 1 week.
- Great make-ahead recipe
- Add chicken or shrimp for a fun twist
- Use any kind of lentils for this recipe
Your Dash Of Gratitude:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay