Here are my favorite kitchen tools that will help you eat healthier. We talk about different tips and hacks to eat healthier and then I give you fun products that have high ratings! Hope you like these products as much as me and Tom do!
This post contains affiliate link below!
Some links below contain affiliate links.
My Top 3 Tips To Eat Healthy:
- Make Coffee at Home: Brewing your coffee at home can save you $100 dollars a month and 1,200 a year (according to Business Insider). Also, its good for the environment because you use a reusable coffee mug instead of throwing out paper coffee cups.
- Yesterdays Dinner is Today’s Lunch: Even something simple like bbq sauce from last night can be today’s bbq chicken wrap. Tzatziki sauce is today’s spread on your bread for a sandwich. Be creative and don’t waste awesome food!
- Grow Your Own Herbs: When I look in my fridge there is always leftover parsley and basil. This is food and money gone to waste. Grow your own fresh herbs and then its free! Plus you can pull off only what you need. Living in NYC apartment I love the new indoor planters.
There are so many reason why I love making my own soda! The healthier you drink the more you will eat healthier. You know exactly what is going into it. Also, it is so much healthier. I love love love soda! I joke soda is my version of a fine wine. No matter what I am eating pizza to a fancy steak I always want a cola. So making my own soda so it is healthier is so important to me! There are allot of studies on why making your own soda is better for you then buying the store bought. Here is some of the most important reasons:
- First of all, Men’s Health reports that there is 30 calories in Soda Stream verse Coke.
- Also, there is only 8 grams of sugar verses 27 grams in Coke (information from Men’s Health).
Finally, think of all the money you will save not buying store bought soda. That money could go to savings, a nice dinner, or a treat yourself moment. Most importantly this is so good for the environment. Less plastic waste and soda bottles to toss. So buy this machine save money, save environment, and be healthy!
Products you can buy to make your own soda:
1. Soda Stream (approximately 345 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
2. Drink Mate (approximately 148 41/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
3. Kitchen Aide Soda Maker (approximately 19 41/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
What a huge difference replacing pasta with zoodles will make in your diet! This will help you Eat healthier.
- Zoodles have 20 calories in one cup verses 210 calories for pasta in one cup (according to Dr. Axe).
- Also, it is reported reported 5 grams carbs in zoodles verses 40 grams carbs in pasta (according to Dr. Axe).
Finally, zoodles are gluten free! I am obsessed with zoodles for a very lazy reason! It takes 30 seconds to cook opposed to watching water boil for 10 minutes with regular pasta. Dont buy the zoodles in the store because they are much more expensive then buying a zucchini and creating noodles yourself. This tool is great for people like me who live in small spaces because its not big and bulky. I have so many fun zoodle recipes I make on a busy day I need to get dinner on the table fast:
Hope you love this zoodle maker. Wether you are on a low carb diet, vegetarian, vegan, or just want to eat healthy this makes cooking easier and affordable!
Products you can buy to make your own zoodles:
1. Handheld Spiralizer (approximately 277 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
2. Tabletop Spiralizer (approximately 5,575 5 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
3. Compact Spriralizer (approximately 276 41/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
When you have fresh herbs at home it makes you inspired to cook! Cooking at home ensures you know what levels of salt and fat will go into your meals. This will make your diet so much healthier. I love just picking herbs and making my dish! This is a big money saver and you will eat healthier.
According to NBC news: there are allot of hidden health befits to using fresh herbs in cooking. They are rich in vitamins and antioxidants.
Tip: Save the steams to the herbs and put in freezer bag in freezer. When bag is full put in slow cooker (low 10 hours) with salt, pepper, water, garlic, and ginger and you can make homemade veggie broth. Here are some herbaceous recipes to inspire you:
Products you can buy to grow your own herbs indoors:
1. LED/Hydroponic/Self Watering Indoor Herb Garden (approximately 68 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
2. LED/Comes with Herbs Pods/Tells You When Needs Water (approximately 1,246 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
3. Put on Window and Grow 9 Herbs For Awesome Cooking (approximately 117 4 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
I have a smoothie every morning and it makes my day start off happy. Fresh fruit and greens fills me up with fiber and vital nutrients! The ones I make at home always taste better then the ones at the stores.
- Blending your own smoothie ensures you keep the fiber.
- Smoothie can deliver vitamins, minerals from fruit skins.
- Includes yogurt or milk, you get some calcium too.
- All above information gained by Eating Well!
Products you can buy to make perfect smoothie:
1. I Use This and Love It b/c Has a Timer and Senor to Know When Blended (approximately 1572 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
2. The NutriBullet comes with Great To Go Cups (approximately 1,246 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
3. Counter top Ninja Blender For Lots of Shakes (approximately 117 4 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
Sunday nights boil your pasta, make your rice, and stir your pot of meat and veggies. When you meal prep you are not only saving money on food but you also know what is going into your food. When you cook at home you are so much healthier.
According To Harvard Health:
- “The more you cook, the healthier you live. People who frequently cook dinner at home consume fewer calories than those who cook less, according to a study of more than 9,000 people published online Nov. 14, 2014, by Public Health Nutrition. ” (Harvard Health)
- For instance, the study found that adults who cooked dinner at home only once a week consumed 2,300 calories per day on average, which included 84 grams of fat and 135 grams of sugar. In comparison, regular at-home cooks ate 150 fewer calories per day and consumed only 81 grams of fat and 119 grams of sugar.” (Harvard Health)
So get the ovens on and the skillets sizzling! Meal prep is a great way to eat healthier.
Products you can buy to help you meal prep:
1. Good For The Environment Clear Meal Prep (approximately 220 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
2. The Book All About Meal Prep (approximately 177 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
3. The Ultimate Meal Prep Kit (approximately 2,788 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
I call the slow cooker my personal chef. The night before I put all the ingredients in the slow cooker. In the morning before work I take out of fridge and turn on. Then come home and dinner was made for me. How many times have you come home with ingredients in the fridge but too tired to cook. I have totally been there and I order takeout lol! The slow cooker avoids this and is me and Toms most used tool in the kitchen. I love coming home to short ribs, brisket, or ginger turmeric lentils for dinner. Here are my favorite recipes:
- Slow Cooker Chicken Buffalo Meatballs
- 4 Easy Beef Recipes in the Slow Cooker
- Slow Cooker Turmeric and Ginger Lentils
Happy slow cooker cooking! May this not only save you money but also time. Time to our selves to chill and reconnect with our family is so important. With the slow cooker one less thing you need to do!
Products you can buy to slow cook:
1. Instant Pot (approximately 3478 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
2. The Ninja Instant (approximately 199 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
3. Crock Pot (approximately 1,093 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
Fresh fruits and veggies always make a recipe taste better. The hidden benefits are also amazing.
According to the Huffington Post:
- “Veggies and fruits (both fresh and frozen) are loaded with vitamins, minerals, fiber, and antioxidants, which have been shown to protect against chronic diseases such as heart disease and cancer.”
- “They are also low in calories, making them a great choice for your waistline.”
- “Choosing a colorful assortment vegetables is best, as different benefits exist in the different color spectrum.”
So go crazy and add fresh veggies and fruits in your diet!
Products you can buy to help veggies last longer:
1. Rubbermaid Freshworks Produce Saver (approximately 477 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
2. Green Bags Keep Veggies and Fruits Longer (approximately 2,887 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
3. Freshness Saver Balls (approximately 361 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
I love water. I drink water all day long. It may just be because I am trusty but the great news it is healthy for you. I have seen so many people caring around cool water bottles to help drink enough water, setting alarms on their phone, or just keep filling there cup. No matter what you do this will start you to a healthy lifestyle and eat healthier.
According to Healthline:
- “studies indicate that drinking 0.5 liters (17 oz) of water results in an extra 23 calories burned. On a yearly basis, that sums up to roughly 17,000 calories — or over 2 kg (4.4 lbs) of fat.”
- “Several other studies have monitored overweight people who drank 1-1.5 liters (34–50 oz) of water daily for a few weeks. They found a significant reduction in weight, body mass index (BMI), waist circumference and body fat.”
Products you can buy to help you drink more water:
1. Water Bottle Motivationally Tracks Water Intake (approximately 283 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
2. Very Popular On Amazon To Track Water Intake (approximately 7,276 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
3. Water Bottles You Can Infuse Fruit Flavor (approximately 1066 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
Crispy crunchy fried for is my best friend. I was super skeptical of air fryers until I was at an event and they handed me fries. They tasted soooo good. Obviously the vendor was an air fryer company but I was super impressed. If I could eat more fired foods and less calories that would be amazing!
According to a WebMD article: “By most measures, air frying is healthier than frying in oil. It cuts calories by 70% to 80% and has a lot less fat.”
Products you can buy to Air Fry:
1. COSORI Air Fryer (approximately 8405 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
2. INSTA 7 in 1: Air fryer, toaster, rotisserie, and more (approximately 516 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
3. Insta Pot Air Fry and Pressure Cooker (approximately 65,836 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
Drinking coffee you make that you make at home will help you stay healthy. The chances of you having the time or ingredients is slim.
According to What’s Cooking America: “The fancier the drink, the fancier the calories – especially when you opt for the whipped topping. An extra 200 calories a day can add up to 21 extra pounds added to your body per year!”
Also you save lots of money to offset the cost of healthy ingredients. In NYC a cold brew cost $5 minimum. In fact some stores charge more if they call it cold brew. All cold brew means is you put coffee in the filter. Then fill with water and put in fridge overnight. It gives a deep rich flavor. A simple machine like this will save you $35 a week just in coffee. So cool. I have one at work and home! I hope this gets your caffeine fix and makes you have extra money in savings.
Products you can buy to make homemade coffee:
1. Easy Iced Coffee Maker (approximately 7,150 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
2. Keurig Single Cup Coffee Maker (approximately 2,259 4 1/2 star reviews on Amazon)Buy This Amazon
3. French Press Coffee Maker (approximately 9,976 star reviews on Amazon) Buy This Amazon
Sending you gratitude and thankfulness! Hope these books help make you smile and brighten your day!
I am so Grateful for you and thankful to get to cook with you! Any questions about this recipe or any others feel free to comment below. May every day be happy comfort food day!
With a grateful heart – Jay