Searing juicy perfect scallops is crazy easy to do and much cheaper then ordering in a restaurant!
Watch how easy searing scallops are:
How to Sear Scallops
- 1 pound scallops (dry scallops)
- 3 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter (optional)
- First, pat dry scallops with paper towel.
- Next, salt and pepper both sides.
- Now, in preheated medium high pan with 3 tablespoons of oil place scallops in pan.
- NOTE: do not have scallops touch (or will steam instead of sear). Spread them out and work in batches if pan is small.
- Next, let scallops sear without moving 3 minutes then turn and cook 3 more minutes without touching.
- Finally, (optional) add butter and melt before serving or add to another recipe!
My Fave Pot To Cook With:
Check Out This book! It changed my life and keeps me centered:
Your Dash Of Gratitude:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay