Want a fun edible Christmas craft that will make your family smile? This is so easy even for the craft challenged – and – you can eat your design 🙂 I love love love how holiday cookies bring smiles to people’s faces – and thought why not use the cookie cutter to cut out fun savory shapes? Mozzarella seems like a fun blank canvas and then decorating is “the sky’s the limit”! This will surprise and wow your guests not expecting their salad to be so holiday sleek.
Have fun and create your own fun holiday savory fun. Take pictures of your cookie cutter creations and post below and maybe we can start the savory holiday swap!
Christmas Shaped Mozzarella Salad Recipe
- Fresh mozzarella cheese sliced into thin ovals
- Medium size tomatoes cut into quarter-inch slices
- Your favorite pesto sauce – or you can whip up one of my faves! (“Easy Being Green” Basil-Almond Pesto – Pea Pesto Party – Parsley Walnut Pesto)
- Extra virgin olive oil
- Pomegranate seeds
- Parmesan cheese grated
- With the cookie cutters, press their festive cute shapes into each of the mozzarella ovals and place each on a tasty red tomato slice
- Dollop a small amount of pesto on each, adding a few sweetie-tart pomegranate seeds for tasty Christmasy color – and finish off by drizzling Extra Virgin Olive Oil and a dusting of snowy parmesan cheese
Happy Christmas and Merry Holidays! What festive cookie cutter shape did you use? … my fave are the Christmas trees 🙂
With a festive grateful heart and a Christmas tummy – Jay