Cheers to our annual Official Chop Happy Drink of 2016! This drink is fun and simple because you can make one or as many drinks as you want. In true Chop Happy style anyone can make this as the steps are easy and its taste is crazy good. I feel like we all work hard and why not start off the new year with a vacation in a glass that sets the mood to calm and fun. I love the New Year – it’s a chance for restarts and dreams to come true. Also you get to reflect on all the amazing things that happened and reflect on how awesome it was that you overcame your challenges. Both of those things deserve a big cheers with a fun refreshing drink.
Happy New Year and I am sooo grateful for all of you and helping make my Chop Happy Dream come true! I wish you all an amazing 2016 and lots of amazing things happening for you this year :-)!
Vacation Anytime Cocktail (Official Chop Happy Drink of 2016)
(2 – 3 servings)
- 1 lime cut into wedges
- Small bunch of fresh mint hand torn
- 1 tablespoon of sugar per drink
- 2 cans of lemon lime soda
- 4 “glugs” of your favorite Tequila per drink (if you don’t like Tequila use Rum)
- Lots of ice for the glasses
- Squeeze a lime wedge into your favorite cocktail glass and throw it in the glass
- Tear off roughly 3 to 4 mint leaves and slap them in your hands – you will smell the burst of wonderful mint UMMM – and drop them into your glass
- Add the sugar and it’s time to muddle! So what’s a muddle you say? – it’s your chance to get any stress out as you mash up all the ingredients in the glass with the handle of your wooden spoon. You will know if you’re doing it right as soon as you start to smell the amazing aroma of the mint and lime.
- Pour in lemon lime soda filling the glass three quarters of the way – hello bubbles 🙂
- Add 1 …2 …3 …4 “glugs” in Chop Happy style of your favorite Tequila. Use a little more or a little less – whatever you’re in the mood for. I always say – error on the caution of more! lol
If you’re like me I like the higher quality tequilas because I think they taste better … and if you don’t like tequila at all this tastes amazing! with rum too.
- Top it off with lots of ice and give it one last mix – OMG it not only looks so swimmingly fabulous it tastes even better!
CHEERS to you my favorite Chop Happy Friends – take a bubbly sip and you’ll feel like you’re laying on the beach. How did you ring in the New Year this year?
With a grateful heart and an amazing 2016 tummy – Jay