After a long day of work this is a sweet porky chili hug to welcome you home!
Watch how to make this awesome dinner:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage (out of casing)
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage (out of casing)
- 1/2 cup pepperoni (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 5 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 2 28 oz cans crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 handful parsley (chopped)
- 10 basil leaves (chopped)
- 6 tablespoons ricotta
- 10 basil leave (chopped)
First, turn pot on high and add extra virgin olive oil, and the sausages. Break up sausages (with spoon or potato masher) and spread at bottom of pot.
Now, leave sausage alone (no stirring) for 3 minutes.
Next, put the sausage to the side of the pan and add the onions, garlic, oregano, pepperoni and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir 30 seconds.
Now, add crushed tomatoes, water, basil, and parsley. Let sit on low heat for 20 minutes.
Finally, eat by the bowlful topped with ricotta and basil!
My Fave Pot To Cook With:
Check Out This book! It changed my life and keeps me centered:
Your Dash Of Gratitude:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay