This is how to make carbonara at home. The main ingredients are just pasta, bacon, eggs, and cheese. So easy and fast!
Hope you love this recipe as much as me and Tom do! Happy cooking!
Recipe Hack / Cooking Tips:
- Cook Pasta the Night Before: I like to boil my pasta the night before and save 1/4 cup pasta water. This will save you 15-20 minutes the next day when you are in a rush to get dinner on the table.This will save you 15-20 minutes the next day when you are in a rush to get dinner on the table.
- Cook Bacon on Low Heat: cook the bacon on low-ish heat! This will give the bacon a chance to let out its fat and stay in the pan. The fat mixing with the pasta helps make a sauce when you mix with the egg cheese mixture.
- Mix Cheese and Egg in Separate Bowl: while the bacon is sizzling away with its awesome smokey aroma, mix the eggs and cheese in a separate bowl so easy to pour when time to mix with the pasta. Also this helps prevent the eggs from scrambling because cheese mixed in causes a barrier.
Things you will need:
Watch The Video On How To Make This Easy Recipe!
How To Make Carbonara at Home
- 1 pound spaghetti
- 1/2 pound bacon, pancetta or guanciale
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup Parmesan cheese
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- First, Cook pasta to package instructions. Save 1/4 cup pasta water.
- Next, on low heat, fry bacon with extra virgin olive oil for about 2 minutes.
- Now, while the bacon cooks, mix eggs, Parmesan and pepper in a bowl.
- Next, add cooked pasta to the hot bacon oil and mix to coat all the spaghetti.
- Now, shut off the heat, pour in cheese mixture and reserved pasta water. Mix quickly to combine and prevent eggs from scrambling for about 45 seconds.
- Top with more Parmesan and enjoy.
So Grateful to The Daily Meal for Posting My Recipe! Check Out The Article: Click Here!
Other Simple Carbonara Recipes:
Any question comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!
My Favorite Ways To Save Money In The Kitchen:
Totally Recommend This Food Processor:
Check Out This book! It changed my life and keeps me centered:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay