I am definitely not a baker and I always use store bought pie dough, until I discovered how easy this recipe was. Literally everything is done in five minutes in a food processor. You can make a tart or quiche with this buttery flaky homemade crust. Try this recipe and to become a pie dough champion!
3 Fun Additions To The Pie Dough:
1. Parmesan Thyme Dough: add 2 tablespoons fresh thyme chopped + 1./2 cup Parmesan cheese to the regular recipe.
2. Cinnamon Sugar Dough: Add 3 tablespoons of sugar + 1 tablespoon of cinnamon to regular dough recipe.
3. Gluten Free Pie Dough: Just replace flour with almond flour! You might need to add a couple more tablespoons of cold water.
Watch how to make this easy pie dough:
- 2 sticks cold butter (chopped into slices)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoons vinegar (apple cider or white wine vinegar)
First, place the food processor in fridge with butter to get cold.
Next, mix flour, salt, and sugar together.
Now, take food processor out of fridge and add the flour mixture to the food processor with the butter.
Next, add water and vinegar and pulse until the mixture looks like clumpy wet sand.
Finally, take it out and make form into a ball. Use immediately or wrap and freeze for future use.
This book changed my life and it is how I elevated my home cooking:
Your Dash Of Gratitude:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay