The french fry went to the bakery and fell in love with a cinnamon sugar doughnut and together they made this hot, starchy, fluffy and sweet fry!
Seriously this one sounds like a different combo, but once you try it – you will never make it to the table before eating them all yourself. 🙂 Something about the hot potato and the sugary seasoning kissing the fry makes this so addictive. The best part is it is damn easy – I even use store bought oven fries and mix it with my homemade sugary seasoning.
I can’t wait for you to try this and tell me what you think in the comments below.
Cinnamon Sugar Doughnut French Fries Recipe
Serves 4-5 (or 1 if you eat them all yourself)
- 1/4 cup super fine sugar (or powdered)
- 1 tablespoon ground cinnamon
- 1 fresh vanilla pod (use seeds) *
- 1 bag frozen french fries (or you can use any kind of fries you like)
* TIP * To de-seed a fresh vanilla pod, flatten it on a smooth surface and slice down the middle of the vanilla pod with your knife, then using the knife push all the seeds out by sliding from one end to the other as the seeds squeeze out.
- Prepare french fries (the key to this is make sure they are really sizzling hot so the sugary mixture sticks to the fries!)
- In a baking dish mix the sugar, cinnamon and vanilla seeds (Might have to smash the seeds to break them apart to mix evenly)
- Add hot fries and mix until they are all coated with the sugary seasoning
I can’t wait to have you try this! Let me know what you think in the comments 🙂
With a grateful sugary heart and an amazing french fry tummy – Jay