I am definitely not a baker and I always use store bought pie dough, until I discovered how easy this recipe was. Literally everything is done in five minutes in a food processor.
You can make a tart or quiche with this buttery flaky homemade crust. Try this recipe and to become a pie dough champion!
3 Fun Additions To The Pie Dough:
1. Parmesan Thyme Dough: add 2 tablespoons fresh thyme chopped + 1./2 cup Parmesan cheese to the regular recipe.
2. Cinnamon Sugar Dough: Add 3 tablespoons of sugar + 1 tablespoon of cinnamon to regular dough recipe.
3. Gluten Free Pie Dough: Just replace flour with almond flour! You might need to add a couple more tablespoons of cold water.
Watch how to make this easy pie dough:
The Easiest 5 Minute Pie Dough
- 2 sticks cold butter (chopped into slices)
- 2 1/2 cups flour
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 8 tablespoons cold water
- 1 tablespoons vinegar (apple cider or white wine vinegar)
- First, place the food processor in fridge with butter to get cold.
- Next, mix flour, salt, and sugar together.
- Now, take food processor out of fridge and add the flour mixture to the food processor with the butter.
- Next, add water and vinegar and pulse until the mixture looks like clumpy wet sand.
- Finally, take it out and make form into a ball. Use immediately or wrap and freeze for future use.
This book changed my life and it is how I elevated my home cooking:
Your Dash Of Gratitude:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay