My dearest stuffed meatloaf parm! Oh, how you make my heart sing! First of all your easy to make, stuffed with gooey cheese, and make amazing leftover sandwiches. I needed to geek out for a minute because I am sooooooo excited to share this recipe with you. Growing up, I usually ate healthy because my mom was all about healthy eating. But we had “Italian Night” Thursdays, and that was my favorite because it was the day I could eat all the cheesy things. I usually chose chicken parm or meatball parm sandwiches, so this recipe reminds me of one of my favorite childhood traditions.
There are 3 Amazing things about this recipe:
Are you smiling yet? I know I say that a lot of my recipes are easy, but being a home cook who works all day and just wants something simple that packs a huge “wow” factor, this one is all that and a bag of chips.
I dedicate this meal to all you indulgent cooks who want all the flavor with very little work.
YOUR DASH OF GRATITUDE:
“Treat yourself like the king and queen you are. Be bold, decadent, and stuffed with gratitude. Life is too short, and you deserve greatness.”
Stuffed Meatloaf Parmesan
- 2 lbs ground beef 80/20 is best
- 1/2 cup ricotta
- 1 lb mozzarella cut into small pieces and divided in half
- 1 jar favorite tomato sauce
- 1/2 cup parm cheese grated
- 2 eggs
- 1/2 cup breadcrumbs
- 2 pinch salt
- 2 pinch pepper
- 1 tsp garlic powder
- 1 tsp Italian seasoning
- 1/2 tsp red pepper flakes
- 1 tbs extra virgin olive oil
- Preheat the oven to 350.
- First in a bowl combine the ricotta cheese, garlic powder, Italian seasoning, 4 tsp parm cheese, salt and pepper. Mix all the ingredients so they are incorporated into the cheese. This will allow even seasoning throughout the meat.
- Next add the meat to the cheese mixture. Season the meat with a pinch of salt and pepper. Now, add eggs and breadcrumbs. Mix all the ingredients together with your less dominate hand to avoid over mixing. Mix until all the cheese mixture is combined evenly with the meat.
- Divide the meat into 2 halves. Place one half on sheet tray. Press down in the middle of meat to form an indentation with boarders.
- Now add 1/2 mozzarella cheese into the meat indentation. Next, add the other 1/2 of the meat on top. Form a loaf shape and seal in the edges.
- Next add tomato sauce on top and spread evenly over the meat loaf.
- Bake in the oven on top rack for 40 minutes.
- Take meatloaf out and top with remaining mozzarella and parm cheese.
- Finally cook an additional 10 minutes till the cheese is bubbling.
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay