Masterpiece Mashup! I love garlic bread – especially my friend Amy’s amazing garlic bread – I shared the Best Garlic Bread Recipe a little while ago 🙂 Because you guys loved it (and I want an excuse to eat in cheese garlic utopia all year long) I created this recipe.
Salad is always so yum in the summer and bread salad (or panzanella salad) is a salad on flavor steroids. My other inspiration is Ina Garten (she is my hero – I dream one day to cook with her). She makes an amazing Greek panzanella salad that I make all the time.
LET’S COOK TOGETHER – grab your ingredients and follow along with the video!
Garlic Bread Salad Recipe
- 1/2 French baguette cut into large chunks
- 5 garlic cloves chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried oregano
- Salt and pepper
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 2 – 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 English cucumber cut into large slices
- 8 oz sharper cheddar cheese cut into small chunks
- 1/2 lemon (juice and jest)
- 1 – 2 handful cherry tomatoes
- 15 fresh basil leaves
Part 1 – Garlic Bread
- Heat pan on medium heat
- Add butter, olive oil, oregano, garlic, salt and pepper – stir until melted and you start smelling the garlic
- Mix in bread chunks until they are fully coated – about a minute – remove from heat
Part 2 – Salad
- In large bowl add cucumber, cheddar cheese, tomatoes, basil, lemon juice and zest
- Swirl olive oil to coat the bowl, season with big pinch of salt and pepper
- Mix in toasted garlic bread
- Plate and enjoy!
What questions do you have or substitutions would you use? Comment below – I am excited to talk with you 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing garlic bread tummy – Jay