Making a bagel is so easy with just 3 ingredients you probably have in your pantry.
Recipe Hack / Cooking Tips:
- Egg Wash: After you assemble the bagels, brush egg on the top to give it a nice crusty shine. Why this works is fun science. Proteins promote browning and eggs are filled with protein. When you add egg to the top of pastry or bagels the proteins heat up and it makes the bagel shine and brown.
- Garlic Salt: Garlic salt adds tons of flavor. If you do not have garlic salt just add equal part garlic and salt as a substitute.
- Why Salt Is In Most Recipes: Salt is so important in recipes because it’s a flavor enhancer. It makes food taste more like themselves. A great tip when making savory dishes. At the end taste your final product. If it does not zing, add a small amount of salt at a time and taste. Continue doing this until you taste it zing. Slowly add salt so you don’t over salt.
Things you will need:
Watch This Video On How To Make A Bagel
How to Make a Bagel with 3 Ingredients
- 1 cup flour (self rising if have otherwise all purpose)
- 1 cup Greek Yogurt (full fat)
- 1 teaspoon garlic salt
- 1 egg (whisked to make bagel shiny and brown)
- 3 tablespoons everything bagel seasoning (or favorite bagel topping)
- Preheat oven to 400 degrees.
- First, add flour, Greek Yogurt, and garlic salt to a bowl. Start out by mixing with a spoon. When the dough forms continue mixing by hand.
- Next, on a floured board kneed the dough for 30 seconds untill feels smooth.
- Now, cut the dough into 4 equal balls.
- Next, roll out each ball into a fat rope 2-3 inches thick (see video above).
- Now, connect the ends and press together to form a bagel shape.
- Next, place on sheet pan, brush egg on the top of each bagels, and sprinkle favorite bagel seasoning (optional).
- Finally bake on middle rack for 20 minutes and enjoy!
I did A Instagram Live With @SomeKindOfGood Biscuits and Bagels! Click here for her 3 Ingredient Biscuit recipe
Other Easy Recipes:
- The Best Slow Cooker Mashed Potatoes
- Slow Cooker Buffalo Chicken Meatballs
- Slow Cooker Gochujong Glazed Ham
Any question comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!
My Favorite Ways To Save Money In The Kitchen:
Check Out This book! It changed my life and keeps me centered:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay