“If there is a MAGIC ingredient that will make a new cook, or a home chef in need of redemption, a winner with their family, it is this pesto recipe. Pesto is a flavor packed paste that has a left hook of garlicky pow, an upper cut of sweet basil, and a versatile knock out to make the most blah dishes FAB! You don’t even need to turn on the stove just drop all the fun stuff into the food processor and you have a flavor party. A fun reason I love my pesto is I use almonds instead of pine nuts because they are cheaper then pine nuts, adds a fun stronger nutty taste, and the leftover almonds are fun to eat. The other thing that separates my pesto from others is I use less oil so it is more crunchy, and 3 garlic cloves for a big flavor add. Calling all Chop Happy townspeople to make this awesome dish!
Fun Ways To Add This Pesto To Make WOW:
1. Pesto Potato salad
2 Use as salad dressing to jazz up your boring salad
3. Top eggs with the pesto to make the breakfast pow
4. Mix in tomato salad or pasta to add green yummy flavor and more!
Easy Being Green “Basil Almond Pesto”
- 2 Cups of Fresh Basil (Pack it in the Measuring Cup)
- Lemon Zest from whole lemon and Juice from half of lemon (Tip: Zest the lemon first before cutting in half)
- 3 garlic cloves
- 1/2 cup parm cheese
- 1/4 cup roasted almonds (just buy it already roasted from the store)
- 1/4 cup of extra virgin olive oil
- Big pinch Salt and Pepper (friends for life)
- Dash of Happy Fun!
- Pulse the almonds and garlic into a paste approximately 30 seconds in the food processor (Make sure to dance as you pulse.
- Add in the green sweet basil, salty cheesy parm, brightening lemon juice and zest, and the salt and pepper and pulse 4-5 times.
- Now slowly add the golden amazing extra virgin olive oil slowly as you have the food processor on low. Stop the food processor when the oil is all in.
- Now taste it and smile at your awesome cooking win.
- Now add it to your favorite pasta, potato salad, or on a baked potato and yum yum in the tummy.
Ok Chop Happy Townspeople: Subscribe to the blog and watch more videos to learn how to cook flavor packed meals.
With A Grateful Heart and A Pesto Amazing Tummy – Jay