Dinner should be eaten on the couch with a soul warming bowl of lentil soup smiles.
- Salt soups at the end! When things cook slow and for a long time the flavors concentrate. If there is allot of salt then the soup will be come super salty. After the soup is done taste and keep adding salt until it zings!
- Add shiitake mushrooms to veggie soups! This will add an amazing beefy something special in the background that makes soups amazing.
Watch how to make this awesome soup:
Slow Cooker Turmeric Ginger Lentil Soup
- 2 cups green lentils
- 2 carrots (chopped)
- 2 celery stalks (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 handful shiitake mushrooms (chopped)
- 1 inch ginger pealed (smash slightly but keep whole)
- 1 cup water
- 4 cups chicken broth (can substitute with veggie broth)
- 14.5 ounce can crushed tomatoes
- 1 1/2 teaspoons turmeric
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon fennel powder
- 1 teaspoon red pepper flakes
- 1 teaspoon cumin
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- First place all the above ingredients in the slow cooker.
- Next, mix to combine.
- Now, cover and turn to low for 6 - 8 hours.
- Finally add salt if needed and enjoy!
Check Out This book! It changed my life and it is how I elevated my home cooking:
Your Dash Of Gratitude:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay