Juicy garlicky scallops dancing with crunchy green broccoli brings stir fry happiness. In 15 minutes and one pot to dinner time!
Recipe Hack / Cooking Tips:
- Slice garlic instead of chopping: Garlic burns in 30 seconds and changes the flavor of your dishes. If you slice garlic in thin discs (see video) it will take longer to burn and you will have recipe success.
- Make stir fry sauce simple: Two turns around pan of soy sauce and sriracha make everything spicy and salty fabulous. Just like life simplicity is best. Dont over complicate stir fry sauce or life!
- Freeze your ginger: As soon as you get home put in the freezer. There are 2 reasons why. One you can use it over and over again in many recipes with no ginger waste. Also, the number 2 reason is its so much easier to grate. It grates like ginger snow. I actually dont even peel off the skin. Simplicity in the kitchen and life!
- There are 2 types of scallops: There wet and dry scallops. The wet scallops are treated with chemicals so they last longer. They are less fresh but also do not sear very well. Dry scallops are from fisherman to you! They are fresher and not treated with anything. Even though they are called dry scallops you still need to pat them dry to sear. These are the ones I would ask for at the market. Also, as you sear scallops do not touch and you will get a great sear.
Things you will need:
Watch how to make this easy recipe:
Scallop and Broccoli Stir Fry (15 minute recipe)
- 1 pound scallops (dry scallops)
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon pepper
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 2 10 ounce bags frozen broccoli (defrosted)
- 4 scallions (chopped)
Stir Fry Sauce
- 3 teaspoons sriracha
- 3 teaspoons soy sauce
- 4 garlic cloves (sliced)
- 1 tablespoon garlic (grated)
- First, pat dry the scallops on both side with paper towel.
- Next, salt and pepper both sides of the scallops.
- Now, place scallops on a wide pan with olive oil (on medium high heat). Sear first side 2 minutes then flip and sear second side 2 minutes. Then set aside for later use.
- Note: do not overcrowd scallops or they will steam instead of sear and leave scallops alone until time to flip)
- Next, add broccoli and scallions to the pan with some salt and pepper. Mix for 30 seconds to heat through.
- Now, add 3 turns of the pan of soy sauce and sriracha. Also add garlic and ginger.
- Finally, mix all the ingredients together 30 seconds and enjoy!
Other Easy Dinner Recipes:
Any question comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!
My Favorite Ways To Save Money In The Kitchen:
Totally Recommend This Food Processor:
Check Out This book! It changed my life and keeps me centered:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay