Saucy, spicy and sweet chili poured all over a hot dog hugged by a fluffy bun is treat yourself awesome!
Watch how to make this awesome hot dog:
The Best Chili Hot Dog
30 Minute Chili Ingredients:
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 pound sweet Italian sausage (out of casing)
- 1 pound spicy Italian sausage (out of casing)
- 1/2 cup pepperoni (chopped)
- 1 onion (chopped)
- 1 tablespoon oregano
- 1 tablespoon red pepper flakes
- 1 garlic cloves (chopped)
- 1 28 oz can crushed tomatoes
- 1/2 cup water
- 1 handful parsley (chopped)
- 10 basil leaves (chopped)
Hot Dog Ingredients:
- 4 hot dogs
- 4 buns
- 4 tablesoons mustard
- 1/2 cup chopped onions
30 Minute Chili Recipe:
- First, turn pot on high and add extra virgin olive oil, and the sausages. Break up sausages (with spoon or potato masher) and spread at bottom of pot.
- Now, leave sausage alone (no stirring) for 3 minutes.
- Next, put the sausage to the side of the pan and add the onions, garlic, oregano, pepperoni and red pepper flakes. Cook and stir 30 seconds.
- Now, add crushed tomatoes, water, basil, and parsley. Let sit on low heat for 20 minutes.
- Set aside to pour on juicy hot dog.
Chili Dog Assembly:
- First, grill or pan fry hot dog to cook.
- Next, place on soft bun and pour chili on top.
- Finally, drizzle mustard and onions on top and cheers to you!
My Fave Pot To Cook With:
Check Out This book! It changed my life and keeps me centered:
Your Dash Of Gratitude:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay