Here is an easy way to make the best crispy potatoes on a sheet tray! The secret is some super easy cooking hacks and tips.
Recipe Hack / Cooking Tips:
- Buy small potatoes: The smaller the potato the faster it cooks. This make dinner happen faster and also makes sure potato is fully cooked.
- Season the sheet tray: Spread oil, salt and pepper on bottom of tray. This will help make sure the food that touches sheet pan is properly seasoned.
- Vegan or Vegetarian: Use vegetable stock for the potatoes.
Things you will need:
Watch how to make this easy recipe:
How to Make The Best Crispy Potatoes in the oven
- 2 pounds small Yukon gold potatoes
- 4 cups chicken broth (low sodium)
- 2 tablespoons salt
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1 teaspoon salt and pepper
- Preheat the oven to 500 degrees.
- First, place the whole potatoes, chicken broth and 2 tablespoons salt in a pot. Turn to high and when the chicken broth comes to boil start timer for 11 minutes.
- While the potatoes cook, pour 2 tablespoons of olive oil, a teaspoon salt and teaspoon pepper on the sheet tray. Smear all over the sheet pan so the bottom of potatoes season well.
- Now, drain and place the hot potatoes on sheet tray. With the back of a cup or potato masher, lightly smash potatoes so flat but still intact.
- Next, drizzle more olive oil, salt and pepper on top of the potatoes. Also, add 1 teaspoon of garlic powder to the top of the potatoes.
- Finally, place sheet tray on top rack 8 minutes. Cheers to easy recipes that celebrate you!
Other Easy Sheet Pan Recipes:
Any question comment below or email! I love helping change the recipe!
My Favorite Ways To Add More Gratitude In My Life:
Totally Recommend This Food Processor:
Check Out This book! It changed my life and keeps me centered:
ANY QUESTIONS OR COMMENTS? COMMENT BELOW 🙂
With a grateful heart and an amazing tummy – Jay