To sip a cup of a warm spiked drink on the holidays and just zen out for a minute is a gift in itself. I love this recipe because it’s easy to whip up but no one will know because of its complex flavors of sweet and spicy that makes your world smile and think it took a lot of work. This recipe is also special because when I was little my Mom would let us have hot chocolate with marshmallows on a snow day and I’m sure she had hers spiked because I had so much energy lol!
Spicy and Spiked Hot Chocolate Recipe
- 2 cups of hot milk
- 4 tablespoons of Hot Chocolate Mix (or Cocoa Powder)
- 3 to 4 “glugs” of Bailey’s Irish Cream
- 1 pinch of cayenne pepper
- 2 cinnamon sticks
- Lots of fluffy whipped cream to top it off
- Mix 2 cups of hot milk and chocolate mix and whisk or stir until chocolately brown
- Pour into a mug the hot creamy milk and chocolately hot chocolate mix
- Add 1 …2 …3 …4 “glugs” 🙂 of Irish Cream and then to spice it up! add a pinch of cayenne pepper
- Stir and mix with a cinnamon stick leaving it in the hot chocolate so it’s cinnamony goodness seeps into the chocolate
- And then to top it all off – add some whipped cream. If you want to get really fancy sprinkle on a pinch of ground cinnamon and balance a cinnamon stick on top! 🙂
Cheers to a warm spicy spiked hot chocolate winter! What is your favorite boozy hot chocolate? Share with me your fun Holiday photos of you cheering your hot chocolate :-)!
With a grateful wintery heart and an amazing spicy spiked tummy – Jay